Fabulous! John Barrowman bringing latest tour to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from his stint in I'm a Celebrity, star of stage and screen John Barrowman is bringing his new tour to the city in 2019.
John Barrowman, who finished in third place in the 2018 series of the hit reality show, has announced a 12-date UK tour including Norwich Theatre Royal on June 26.
The new show is called Fabulous and will celebrate his 30 years on stage with his favourite songs and stories from his life and career.
John said 'I can't believe it's been 30 years from my West End debut to my Australian jungle adventures in I'm A Celebrity, and there's been lots of fabulousness in between.
'I'm thrilled to celebrate this amazing milestone with my fabulous tour.
'I'm looking forward to meeting fans and sharing some of my favourite moments with you all.'
John was born in Glasgow and moved to America as a child and now splits his time between Palm Springs in the USA, Cardiff and London.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 5 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 8 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 9 In pictures: The history and changing face of St Stephens
- 10 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
He first rose to fame starring as Billy Crocker opposite Elaine Paige in the musical Anything Goes at the National Theatre in 1989.
Since then he has starred in West End productions, including Miss Saigon and The Phantom of the Opera, and his TV work has included American drama Arrow as Malcolm Merlyn and Desperate Housewives.
READ MORE: Pub set to open inside Norwich StationBut John is perhaps best known for playing sci-fi hero Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and spin-off Torchwood.
His fellow I'm a Celebrity finalists are also coming to the region this year, with Emily Atack at the Maddermarket Theatre in Norwich on May 3 and Harry Redknapp at the Ipswich Regent on October 14.
Tickets to John Barrowman go on sale at 10am on January 23 here and he will also be at the Southend Cliffs Pavilion on June 22.