Fabulous! John Barrowman bringing latest tour to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Fresh from his stint in I'm a Celebrity, star of stage and screen John Barrowman is bringing his new tour to the city in 2019.
John Barrowman, who finished in third place in the 2018 series of the hit reality show, has announced a 12-date UK tour including Norwich Theatre Royal on June 26.
The new show is called Fabulous and will celebrate his 30 years on stage with his favourite songs and stories from his life and career.
John said 'I can't believe it's been 30 years from my West End debut to my Australian jungle adventures in I'm A Celebrity, and there's been lots of fabulousness in between.
'I'm thrilled to celebrate this amazing milestone with my fabulous tour.
'I'm looking forward to meeting fans and sharing some of my favourite moments with you all.'
John was born in Glasgow and moved to America as a child and now splits his time between Palm Springs in the USA, Cardiff and London.
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 5 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 6 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 7 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 8 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 9 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
- 10 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
He first rose to fame starring as Billy Crocker opposite Elaine Paige in the musical Anything Goes at the National Theatre in 1989.
Since then he has starred in West End productions, including Miss Saigon and The Phantom of the Opera, and his TV work has included American drama Arrow as Malcolm Merlyn and Desperate Housewives.
READ MORE: Pub set to open inside Norwich StationBut John is perhaps best known for playing sci-fi hero Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and spin-off Torchwood.
His fellow I'm a Celebrity finalists are also coming to the region this year, with Emily Atack at the Maddermarket Theatre in Norwich on May 3 and Harry Redknapp at the Ipswich Regent on October 14.
Tickets to John Barrowman go on sale at 10am on January 23 here and he will also be at the Southend Cliffs Pavilion on June 22.