Jobs under threat at RG Carter
Sam WilliamsUp to nine jobs are under threat at construction firm RG Carter because of a general shortage of work, union leaders have confirmed.Sam Williams
Up to nine jobs are under threat at construction firm RG Carter because of a general shortage of work, union leaders have confirmed.
Officials at construction sector union UCATT said the affected roles were general operatives at the company, which is based in Drayton, near Norwich.
Brian Rye, UCATT Eastern regional secretary, said: 'We are now aware there are going to be up to nine redundancies among general operatives at RG Carter Drayton.
'A consultation is taking place, mainly as a result of the availability of work.
You may also want to watch:
'UCATT is representing members in that process. There has been no perceivable increase in the amount of work becoming available.'
Mr Rye said the region's construction businesses generally were suffering as a result of a shortage of work available, with Norwich, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft areas particularly hard hit.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
RG Carter declined to comment.