Jobs and careers fair in Norwich this week
Kim BriscoeA careers fair will be taking place in Norwich this week for jobseekers, students and people interested in getting some training.The ninth annual Jobs24 Fair will be held at The Forum on Thursday, June 24, and Friday, June 25.Kim Briscoe
A careers fair will be taking place in Norwich this week for jobseekers, students and people interested in getting some training.
The ninth annual Jobs24 Fair will be held at The Forum on Thursday, June 24, and Friday, June 25.
The fair is a chance to find out more about some of Norfolk's employers and comes at a crucial time, with many people still looking for jobs after the redundancies of the economic crisis and students facing the tough task of finding their first job in the world of work.
A variety of exhibitors will be available to meet potential candidates, offering help and advice, whether it is to those leaving
school or college, looking for further education, or seeking a change in career.
Some of Norfolk's key businesses will be attending, representing specialist industries from insurance, healthcare, training specialists, recruitment agencies, education and the armed forces.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 3 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 4 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 5 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 6 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 7 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
- 8 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 9 Holidaymakers' fury after two-day flight delay
- 10 Homeless man arrested in city centre to appear at court
The fair is being sponsored by Aviva for the second year running, and it is organised by Jobs24.co.uk.
'Aviva is proud to sponsor the Norfolk Careers Fair,' said an Aviva spokesman.
'In these increasingly challenging economic times, the ability to support events such as these is crucial to welcoming and celebrating the strength a diverse workforce can bring to organisations.'
New for the 2010 event will be 'so you want to be...' sessions, where members of the public can have an informal chat with a professional person in a chosen field, such as commercial finance, business development or care work, to get a real insight into the
Employers and organising attending include BCTS, Williams Lea, Hales Group, Norfolk Guidance Services, Construction Training Specialists, Careforce, Marsh, GradsEast, Kids2Work, Allied Healthcare, Business Link and City College Norwich.
The Jobs24 Fair takes place from 9am to 7pm on Thursday and from 10am to 3pm on Friday.
A 12-page supplement on the fair will be free with Wednesday's Evening News.
For all the latest jobs, log on to www.jobs24.co.uk.