Jetty boys to be given car advice
Anthony CarrollYoung Norfolk car enthusiasts known as 'Jetty boys' are to be given advice on Sunday evening about any illegal modifications to their vehicles.Anthony Carroll
Young Norfolk car enthusiasts known as 'Jetty boys' are to be given advice on Sunday evening about any illegal modifications to their vehicles.
As well as showing the drivers how they can modify their cars and stay within the law, police and borough council environmental health officers will be in Great Yarmouth to talk to the Jetty boys about the problems of anti-social driving and loud car stereos.
The information patrols along Marine Parade and South Beach Parade on Sunday follows concerns from residents along the Golden Mile about cars causing a nuisance.
Sgt Adrian Hales from Acle Road Policing said: 'This event aims to educate drivers about how they can modify their vehicles and stay within the law.
You may also want to watch:
'Ninety per cent of illegal modifications on the road are not intentional and are often the result of a lack of understanding on what is legal and what is not.
'It's also about providing reassurance to local people and other road users that enforcement action will be taken against motorists who drive in an antisocial manner.'
- 1 Aldi approved - but who will build pedestrian crossing?
- 2 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 4 Prison staff should have performed CPR on paedophile teacher, report finds
- 5 Homes in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew may have no water
- 6 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 7 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 8 Sold out start for Norwich's Junkyard Market ahead of expansion across UK
- 9 RAC apologises to woman and autistic son for 'abandoning' them
- 10 Tributes after death of the 100th Lord Mayor of Norwich
Advice on using modified cars can be found on www.norfolk.police.co.uk