Jeremy Kyle was right about Norwich - irresponsible drinkers are ruining our fine city
- Credit: Archant
I admire Jeremy Kyle's determination to highlight problems that are prevalent in cities around the country.
The latest TV film revealed the excessive alcohol consumption found to be the case on Norwich's Prince of Wales Road.
Impressive is the work of paramedics, the SOS bus volunteers and other voluntary helpers who give up their weekends especially to care for drunk and vulnerable young people, some of whom need hospital treatment.
Norwich is a beautiful city and it is really sad that the behaviour of drinkers, especially in Prince of Wales Road, mars that image.
Perhaps increased policing and cooperation from bars and clubs in the area would relieve helpers such as paramedics to assist other citizens young and old who need emergency care.
You may also want to watch:
The danger especially with young women who drink too much alcohol makes them vulnerable to unwelcome attention.
Maybe some of the responsibility for the very young drinkers should be their parents or guardians.
- 1 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 6 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
- 10 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
June Rose, Tollhouse Road, Norwich.