Jeremy Kyle was right about Norwich - irresponsible drinkers are ruining our fine city
- Credit: Archant
I admire Jeremy Kyle's determination to highlight problems that are prevalent in cities around the country.
The latest TV film revealed the excessive alcohol consumption found to be the case on Norwich's Prince of Wales Road.
Impressive is the work of paramedics, the SOS bus volunteers and other voluntary helpers who give up their weekends especially to care for drunk and vulnerable young people, some of whom need hospital treatment.
Norwich is a beautiful city and it is really sad that the behaviour of drinkers, especially in Prince of Wales Road, mars that image.
Perhaps increased policing and cooperation from bars and clubs in the area would relieve helpers such as paramedics to assist other citizens young and old who need emergency care.
You may also want to watch:
The danger especially with young women who drink too much alcohol makes them vulnerable to unwelcome attention.
Maybe some of the responsibility for the very young drinkers should be their parents or guardians.
- 1 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 2 Wensum Wonderland launching this Christmas with ice rink, market and rides
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 Gonzo's bar saved and set to reopen after funding deal agreed
- 5 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 6 Town to shine this Christmas
- 7 Thousands of jobs at risk as Debenhams faces closure
- 8 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 9 An ‘Après Ski’ inspired food and drink event is coming to Norwich
- 10 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
June Rose, Tollhouse Road, Norwich.