Jarrold store staff celebrate raising £15,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Norwich department store Jarrold celebrated raising £15,000 for a host of local good causes.
A special evening was held at the store to mark the achievement and staff and directors were joined by representatives from the charities they have helped.
As part of the Jarrold Staff Charity Challenge (JSCC), workers have been holding events such as raffles, concerts and a charity cycle ride to achieve their first target of £15,000.
'We are delighted that our staff have embraced this initiative with such enthusiasm,' said Peter Mitchell, managing director. 'Many of them have been touched directly by the work of these fantastic organisations and are keen to offer their support to the many fundraising activities.'
The JSCC is administered by the John Jarrold Trust, and so far has helped 18 local charities, including Nelson's journey, which helps young people across Norfolk and Suffolk who have suffered from bereavement. Money has been raised through various events including the Carols with the King Concert in December, a raffle at the annual staff dinner dance, a quiz and chips evening, and a charity cycle ride to Wales.
You may also want to watch:
'The whole thing has been led by staff, who are always coming up with new, exciting fundraising ideas,' added a Jarrold spokesman.
The staff are looking forward to building on the success of the Staff Charity Challenge to date with the aim of raising a further £15,000 for local causes.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
Charities have included: HCPT-The Pilgrimage Trust, North Norfolk Surf Lifesavers, The Hamlet Centre, North Norfolk Explorer Scouts, Magic Moments, Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind, LILAC, The Matthew Project, Potter Heigham Brownies, Nelson's Journey, 2nd Dereham (Toftwood) Scouts, The Ella Kett Fund, BREAK, Priscilla Bacon Lodge, The Rachel Lane Fund, The Clare School, BUILD, Norwich Open Christmas, Norfolk and Norwich Liver Group and Age UK.