Jarrold puts on a show for fashion week
Models wearing the latest collections from Independent department store Jarrold walked the shop floor for fashion week. Alexia Julie Rouse reports.
Jarrold kept up the pace of Norwich Fashion Week with an in store fashion show showcasing the new and current collections available from their store.
Retail assistants modelled outfits on the shop floor in a bid to inspire shoppers with ideas for their own Autumn/Winter wardrobes.
The theme of the midday catwalk was smart work wear and evening wear and looks were shown from Oui, Jaegar London, Phase Eight, NW3, Viyella and Christian Lacroix's recent collaboration with Desigual.
You may also want to watch:
The Autumn/Winter trends from Jarrold included intricate prints, silk, wool and cashmere. Waists were nipped in with belts and satin ties, and the colour palette included deep berry, caramel and turquoise. Accessories took the form of structured leather bags, suede lace up boots and quirky statement jewellery which brought together the well-heeled but fun looks.
Stand out pieces included a Phase Eight fitted evening dress and clutch bag modelled by the brand specialist, Laura. The oriental-inspired dress contrasted deep berry colour with chocolate brown for a flattering and head-turning party look, while the matching bag added sparkle with a diamante clasp.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 5 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 6 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 7 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 8 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 9 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 10 Multi-vehicle crash causes delays on A11
The stores newly arrived clothing label NW3 by Hobbs provided another style highlight with their modern and fun interpretations of classic pieces. Lyndsey modelled a tailored blazer, printed shirt dress and tan leather boots from the current collection, which is inspired by London's Hampstead Heath. The label NW3 has created a huge buzz amongst Norwich shoppers for its mix of sumptuous colours, including Chesnut and Loganberry, and quirky woodland-inspired detailing such as squirrel printed silk, owl belt buckles and conker and fox necklaces.
Jarrold will be taking part in the High Street Shopping Extravaganza today (Thursday September 29), so take a trip to the store for late night shopping with wine in celebration of the finale of Norwich Fashion Week.