Christmas comes early to Norwich as Jarrold unveils its magical Christmas windows
- Credit: Archant
It may feel like summer outside but one of Norwich's best-loved stores is looking decidedly festive.
Jarrold has revealed its toy department's Christmas window display just in time for half-term.
The displays, which feature snowy scenes, wooden chalets and have a traditional theme to them, were unveiled by a team of elves yesterday afternoon.
Marketing manager Carole Slaughter said: 'We start thinking about [the windows] in January and February and between us we decided that this year the theme should be traditional, more about snow, trees and wooden lodges.'
Mrs Slaughter said that as soon as the first Christmas windows were unveiled the store turned its mind to the festive season, saying: 'As soon we see the windows are up the staff are beginning to think in terms of Christmas.'
You may also want to watch:
Further windows will be unveiled in the coming weeks.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 5 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 9 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city