Jamie Oliver restaurant for Norwich
Proposals were approved today for celebrity chef Jamie Oliver to open a restaurant in one of Norwich's most charming streets.
Jamie's Italian could open in the Waterstone's site in the Royal Arcade.
Dining will be on the ground and first floor with the second floor being used by staff. There will also be seating outside the restaurant.
A new bar is planned towards the west of the building on the ground floor.
There will be a lift leading to the first floor where there will be additional seating and a private dining area.
You may also want to watch:
Councillors considered the restaurant, which could be open until midnight, to be a complement to the area and approved the planning application.
There are currently 19 Jamie's Italian restaurants in the UK, with the nearest at Cambridge. It is not yet known when it will open.
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 9 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 10 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant