Footballer James Maddison shares photo of “little angel” Sophie Taylor in touching tribute following her death
- Credit: Jasonpix/NCFC
Former Norwich City footballer James Maddison has shared a photo of 'little angel' Sophie Taylor in a touching tribute on social media.
Tributes have poured in after the five-year-old from Sprowston, Norwich, died on Friday morning, a year after being diagnosed with bone cancer.
Footballer James Maddison, who now plays for Premier League side Leicester City, shared a photo of Sophie jokingly sticking her tongue out and another photo of Maddison cuddling her.
He posted the pictures to thousands of followers on Instagram and Twitter with a message saying 'Rest In Peace my little Angel. I love you always & forever.'
After going into remission in December, Sophie and her family were devastated to learn the cancer had come back two days after the anniversary of her diagnosis.
Maddison first struck up a friendship with Sophie after she was a mascot for Norwich City and the England player has kept in touch with the family.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 6 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 7 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 8 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club