Footballer James Maddison shares photo of “little angel” Sophie Taylor in touching tribute following her death
- Credit: Jasonpix/NCFC
Former Norwich City footballer James Maddison has shared a photo of 'little angel' Sophie Taylor in a touching tribute on social media.
Tributes have poured in after the five-year-old from Sprowston, Norwich, died on Friday morning, a year after being diagnosed with bone cancer.
Footballer James Maddison, who now plays for Premier League side Leicester City, shared a photo of Sophie jokingly sticking her tongue out and another photo of Maddison cuddling her.
He posted the pictures to thousands of followers on Instagram and Twitter with a message saying 'Rest In Peace my little Angel. I love you always & forever.'
After going into remission in December, Sophie and her family were devastated to learn the cancer had come back two days after the anniversary of her diagnosis.
You may also want to watch:
Maddison first struck up a friendship with Sophie after she was a mascot for Norwich City and the England player has kept in touch with the family.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 3 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Taxi companies hit by driver shortages as demand increases
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 Former Laurence, Scott & Electromotors staff invited to July 30 reunion
- 9 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 10 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party