Footballer James Maddison shares photo of “little angel” Sophie Taylor in touching tribute following her death
- Credit: Jasonpix/NCFC
Former Norwich City footballer James Maddison has shared a photo of 'little angel' Sophie Taylor in a touching tribute on social media.
Tributes have poured in after the five-year-old from Sprowston, Norwich, died on Friday morning, a year after being diagnosed with bone cancer.
Footballer James Maddison, who now plays for Premier League side Leicester City, shared a photo of Sophie jokingly sticking her tongue out and another photo of Maddison cuddling her.
He posted the pictures to thousands of followers on Instagram and Twitter with a message saying 'Rest In Peace my little Angel. I love you always & forever.'
After going into remission in December, Sophie and her family were devastated to learn the cancer had come back two days after the anniversary of her diagnosis.
You may also want to watch:
Maddison first struck up a friendship with Sophie after she was a mascot for Norwich City and the England player has kept in touch with the family.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death