Footballer James Maddison shares photo of “little angel” Sophie Taylor in touching tribute following her death
- Credit: Jasonpix/NCFC
Former Norwich City footballer James Maddison has shared a photo of 'little angel' Sophie Taylor in a touching tribute on social media.
Tributes have poured in after the five-year-old from Sprowston, Norwich, died on Friday morning, a year after being diagnosed with bone cancer.
Footballer James Maddison, who now plays for Premier League side Leicester City, shared a photo of Sophie jokingly sticking her tongue out and another photo of Maddison cuddling her.
He posted the pictures to thousands of followers on Instagram and Twitter with a message saying 'Rest In Peace my little Angel. I love you always & forever.'
After going into remission in December, Sophie and her family were devastated to learn the cancer had come back two days after the anniversary of her diagnosis.
You may also want to watch:
Maddison first struck up a friendship with Sophie after she was a mascot for Norwich City and the England player has kept in touch with the family.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse