'You can't be a turncoat': Jack Whitehall urges City fan to stick with team
- Credit: PA
Jack Whitehall has advised a fan having a crisis of faith in the Canaries to "stick with them through thick and thin".
After supporting Norwich City for more than 40 years, the fan wrote into the comedian's new YouTube series Agony Uncle to ask if he should move on and support a "bigger team".
The fan's message said: "My football team Norwich City are terrible.
"Should I continue to follow them and be disappointed every weekend, or switch to one of the bigger teams?
"I have supported the Canaries since I was 12, and now I am 58."
The fan asked if the comedian would buy the team as "Delia just isn't rich enough".
Mr Whitehall started his response by agreeing the team were "pretty terrible".
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 7 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 8 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
- 9 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 10 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
He said: "Delia has got considerably more Benjamins than me, so I certainly won't be buying Norwich anytime soon.
"You've got to stick with them through thick and thin, although in their case, mainly thin.
"You can't switch allegiances if your football team are c**p. You can't be a turncoat. You've got to commit early."