Review: J Hus, UEA LCR, Norwich, from the moment he walked out you could feel the crowd’s energy
- Credit: Courtesy of UEA Box Office
Hot-listed British hip hop artist J Hus provided an evening of unique sounds at The Nick Rayns LCR last night [November 6], exposing Norwich to a new generation of music.
Dropping his debut album 'Common Sense' on May 12, J Hus mixes hip hop with a blend of Afrobeat opening the UK to fresh possibilities.
Having won the Best Song Award with 'Did You See' at the MOBO Awards 2017, there were high expectations to live up to. He did just that even bringing a white Mercedes on stage!
From the moment he walked out you could feel the crowd's energy growing. He captured the audience's full attention by involving them throughout the set.
The performance started with a few low BMP songs where his magical afro-vocal warmed up the crowd nicely integrating both old and new songs.
You may also want to watch:
When the right time came, he treated us to his most popular songs which brought the crowd from bouncing to a horde of mosh-pits.
J Hus saved the best until last performing award winning 'Did You See' as his closing track which resulted in another wave of energy from the crowd.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 10 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
It was superb to see so many people enjoying an integrated culture of music. If you want to broaden your musical horizons, I would definitely recommend you check out J Hus.