Review: J Hus, UEA LCR, Norwich, from the moment he walked out you could feel the crowd’s energy
- Credit: Courtesy of UEA Box Office
Hot-listed British hip hop artist J Hus provided an evening of unique sounds at The Nick Rayns LCR last night [November 6], exposing Norwich to a new generation of music.
Dropping his debut album 'Common Sense' on May 12, J Hus mixes hip hop with a blend of Afrobeat opening the UK to fresh possibilities.
Having won the Best Song Award with 'Did You See' at the MOBO Awards 2017, there were high expectations to live up to. He did just that even bringing a white Mercedes on stage!
From the moment he walked out you could feel the crowd's energy growing. He captured the audience's full attention by involving them throughout the set.
The performance started with a few low BMP songs where his magical afro-vocal warmed up the crowd nicely integrating both old and new songs.
When the right time came, he treated us to his most popular songs which brought the crowd from bouncing to a horde of mosh-pits.
J Hus saved the best until last performing award winning 'Did You See' as his closing track which resulted in another wave of energy from the crowd.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 4 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 5 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 We haven't given up on City - Fans rush to buy tickets for new season
- 10 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
It was superb to see so many people enjoying an integrated culture of music. If you want to broaden your musical horizons, I would definitely recommend you check out J Hus.