WATCH: Lord Mayor requests Three Lions before firework display
- Credit: Archant
Norwich residents were treated to an explosive spectacle last night as The Lord Mayor's Celebration concluded with a firework display in front of City Hall.
But before the show got underway, Lord Mayor Martin Schmierer had one last treat up his robe sleeves.
Emerging on the City Hall balcony at around 10.25pm, The Lord Mayor, sporting an England t-shirt, played the classic football song Three Lions to delighted crowds.
He posted on Twitter: 'Fantastic day in #Norwich for the #LMC18#England winning; wonderful weather and a great procession. 'Fireworks still to come but before that a special song request from myself as Lord Mayor.'
The display, launched from Norwich Castle, drew spectators all over the city, and prompted rounds of applause far from the hearing range of the organisers.
You may also want to watch:
The Lord Mayor's Celebration continues today with The Great Norwich Duck Race at 2pm.
Our coverage is sponsored by First Eastern Counties.
- 1 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 2 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 7 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 8 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 9 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 10 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife