It’s big business at this Norwich school
Pupils at a Norwich school have been making big business plans this week.
The pupils at Taverham High School, Beech Avenue, have kicked of Norfolk's largest school tourism enterprise project in impressive style by coming up with innovative mobile demonstrations championing all that is great about East Anglia.
The school was the first to take part in this initiative which is going out to schools across Norfolk and Suffolk, and has over 70 businesses providing mentors.
The mentors helped the Taverham pupils with giving presentations, marketing and seeing an idea through.
The pupils came up with ideas including a travelling boat taking an East Anglia showcase nationwide and an airship with interactive displays that flies around the city.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Rapley, Assistant Headteacher and head of work related learning at the school, said: 'They needed help in refining their propsals, but the sky was the limit as far as their imagination was concerned.
'It was pretty incredible to see what they came up with.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
'We want to teach its not just about starting a business but about having enterprising qualities.'
The winners from each school will go in front of a Dragons Den style panel of judges at a dinner at Norwich City College next summer.
'This is an example of how businesses can work with schools,' said Mr Rapley.
Have you done something impressive? Call Joe Wilkes on 01603 772 474.