It’s a flaming great June in Norwich
June is all about celebrating being British, supporting independent retailers and thanking your dad, says Emma Harrowing.
Summer has arrived and the Life Matters team hopes that the sunny weather lasts throughout June.
With the Jubilee weekend, Father's Day and the Royal Norfolk Show all circled in our diaries next month, there are many items we have on our wish list.
First of all we want a new outfit for next weekend so that we can celebrate the Jubilee in style. There are many red, white and blur fashion items in the shops and for those that prefer a more demure outfit Royal inspired lace dresses and 50s prom dresses are popular this summer.
We then need to get a present for dad for Father's Day and there are lots of present ideas in the shops to suit all budgets.
You may also want to watch:
Finally we want to support the local independent shops with at least one purchase this month. We love the pink check shirt from Robert Graham available from Norwich independent menswear shop Hatters - perhaps we could even buy this for dad to say thank you.
Check out all our favourite buys for June by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 5 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Virtual reality centre opens in Norwich with huge choice of games
- 8 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
Life Matters will be bringing you a Father's Day gift guide in the Norwich Evening News in the next two weeks so that you can get more ideas on what to buy dad.