It’s a flaming great June in Norwich
June is all about celebrating being British, supporting independent retailers and thanking your dad, says Emma Harrowing.
Summer has arrived and the Life Matters team hopes that the sunny weather lasts throughout June.
With the Jubilee weekend, Father's Day and the Royal Norfolk Show all circled in our diaries next month, there are many items we have on our wish list.
First of all we want a new outfit for next weekend so that we can celebrate the Jubilee in style. There are many red, white and blur fashion items in the shops and for those that prefer a more demure outfit Royal inspired lace dresses and 50s prom dresses are popular this summer.
We then need to get a present for dad for Father's Day and there are lots of present ideas in the shops to suit all budgets.
Finally we want to support the local independent shops with at least one purchase this month. We love the pink check shirt from Robert Graham available from Norwich independent menswear shop Hatters - perhaps we could even buy this for dad to say thank you.
Check out all our favourite buys for June by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 7 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 8 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 9 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
- 10 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
Life Matters will be bringing you a Father's Day gift guide in the Norwich Evening News in the next two weeks so that you can get more ideas on what to buy dad.