Snow falls in Norfolk less than a day after glorious sunshine
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2005
Snow has started to fall on Norfolk - less than 24 hours after the mercuries were comfortably in double figures.
On Easter Sunday, parts of the county saw mild temperatures and bursts of glorious sunshine, while earlier in the week there were highs in the low 20s.
However, less than 24 hours later and snow has fallen on parts of the region, including the Norwich area, which has already seen a sprinkling of the white stuff fall.
While the snowfall is unlikely to be persistent, it will remain chilly for the remainder of the day, with a high predicted of just 7C.
And forecasters at Norwich-based Weatherquest say there may also be sunny spells, with the snow likely to only be fleeting.
You may also want to watch:
Writing on Twitter, a Weatherquest forecaster said: "A cloudy start, with rain for a time, but this should soon clear to leave much of the day dry with sunny spells.
"Feeling cold, with highest temperatures around 7C and a moderate to fresh north to northwesterly wind which will be strong around the north coast."
- 1 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 2 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 3 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 4 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 5 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 6 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 7 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 8 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 9 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash