Iron Man challenge looms for Norfolk man
Ed FossIt is one of the ultimate physical challenges and a man from Norfolk is about to tackle it.Ed Foss
It is one of the ultimate physical challenges and a man from Norfolk is about to tackle it.
Ben Findlay will be one of hundreds of competitors who line up for the Ironman UK contest in Bolton on August 1.
They will all be aiming to complete a triathlon consisting of a 2.4-mile lake swim, a 112-mile bike ride and a 26.2- mile run.
'I aim to complete this demanding challenge in approximately 11� hours and have been training for it since 2007,' said Mr Findlay.
You may also want to watch:
'In that time I have completed several Olympic distance triathlons and two half Ironman distances along the way.'
Mr Findlay, who lives in North Walsham and works in Norwich, will be raising money for Scope, a charity which supports disabled people, in particular those with cerebral palsy.
- 1 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 4 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 5 Major city employer gives thousands of staff extra day of leave
- 6 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 7 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 8 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
He has a target of �1,000.
To sponsor Mr Findlay, log on to www.virginmoneygiving.com/benfindlay.