Iron Man challenge looms for Norfolk man
Ed FossIt is one of the ultimate physical challenges and a man from Norfolk is about to tackle it.Ed Foss
It is one of the ultimate physical challenges and a man from Norfolk is about to tackle it.
Ben Findlay will be one of hundreds of competitors who line up for the Ironman UK contest in Bolton on August 1.
They will all be aiming to complete a triathlon consisting of a 2.4-mile lake swim, a 112-mile bike ride and a 26.2- mile run.
'I aim to complete this demanding challenge in approximately 11� hours and have been training for it since 2007,' said Mr Findlay.
'In that time I have completed several Olympic distance triathlons and two half Ironman distances along the way.'
Mr Findlay, who lives in North Walsham and works in Norwich, will be raising money for Scope, a charity which supports disabled people, in particular those with cerebral palsy.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 8 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
He has a target of �1,000.
To sponsor Mr Findlay, log on to www.virginmoneygiving.com/benfindlay.