Iron Man challenge looms for Norfolk man
Ed FossIt is one of the ultimate physical challenges and a man from Norfolk is about to tackle it.Ed Foss
It is one of the ultimate physical challenges and a man from Norfolk is about to tackle it.
Ben Findlay will be one of hundreds of competitors who line up for the Ironman UK contest in Bolton on August 1.
They will all be aiming to complete a triathlon consisting of a 2.4-mile lake swim, a 112-mile bike ride and a 26.2- mile run.
'I aim to complete this demanding challenge in approximately 11� hours and have been training for it since 2007,' said Mr Findlay.
'In that time I have completed several Olympic distance triathlons and two half Ironman distances along the way.'
Mr Findlay, who lives in North Walsham and works in Norwich, will be raising money for Scope, a charity which supports disabled people, in particular those with cerebral palsy.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 New homeware shop is 'dream come true' for owner
- 3 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 4 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 5 New music festival with street food to take place in city centre park
- 6 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 7 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 8 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 9 Heartbroken family's search for 100-year-old engagement ring
- 10 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
He has a target of �1,000.
To sponsor Mr Findlay, log on to www.virginmoneygiving.com/benfindlay.