Iron Man challenge looms for Norfolk man
Ed FossIt is one of the ultimate physical challenges and a man from Norfolk is about to tackle it.Ed Foss
It is one of the ultimate physical challenges and a man from Norfolk is about to tackle it.
Ben Findlay will be one of hundreds of competitors who line up for the Ironman UK contest in Bolton on August 1.
They will all be aiming to complete a triathlon consisting of a 2.4-mile lake swim, a 112-mile bike ride and a 26.2- mile run.
'I aim to complete this demanding challenge in approximately 11� hours and have been training for it since 2007,' said Mr Findlay.
You may also want to watch:
'In that time I have completed several Olympic distance triathlons and two half Ironman distances along the way.'
Mr Findlay, who lives in North Walsham and works in Norwich, will be raising money for Scope, a charity which supports disabled people, in particular those with cerebral palsy.
- 1 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
He has a target of �1,000.
To sponsor Mr Findlay, log on to www.virginmoneygiving.com/benfindlay.