International arts festival coming to Norwich
Sarah HallA public relations 'guru' who represented the likes of Michael Jackson and The Rolling Stones will be joined by a photographer who captured iconic images of bands such as Joy Division and The Stone Roses at a one-day international arts festival in Norwich.Support Norwich on FacebookOfficial Norwich 2013 bid websiteSarah Hall
A public relations 'guru' who represented the likes of Michael Jackson and The Rolling Stones will be joined by a photographer who captured iconic images of bands such as Joy Division and The Stone Roses at a one-day international arts festival in Norwich.
The Cosmopolis festival at the University of East Anglia on Saturday will also see the launch of Think Something Different - a scheme to raise money for a student scholarship fund at the university.
With Norwich hoping to land the 2013 City of Culture title, the initiative aims to support the development of a new generation of artists, critics and scholars.
The Cosmopolis event will run from 10am to 8pm and will feature live music, a photographic exhibition and talks with influential figures.
You may also want to watch:
The public relations 'guru' Alan Edwards will discuss his experience of the music industry, joined by Austin Wilde, the creative director of EMI Publishing.
Also taking part will be photographer Kevin Cummins, renowned music writer Paul Morley and curator Hans Ulrich Obrist.
- 1 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 2 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 3 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 4 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 8 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
All events on June 5 are open to the public and tickets are available from www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk or by calling 01603 508050.
All funds raised will go directly into the Think Something Different Scholarship Fund, with a full programme at www.thinksomethingdifferent.co.uk
• Make sure you get the Evening News on Fridays for our Going Out section - your guide to what's on in and around Norwich. You can also visit the Going Out section of our website on www.eveningnews24.co.uk