International arts festival coming to Norwich
Sarah HallA public relations 'guru' who represented the likes of Michael Jackson and The Rolling Stones will be joined by a photographer who captured iconic images of bands such as Joy Division and The Stone Roses at a one-day international arts festival in Norwich.Support Norwich on FacebookOfficial Norwich 2013 bid websiteSarah Hall
A public relations 'guru' who represented the likes of Michael Jackson and The Rolling Stones will be joined by a photographer who captured iconic images of bands such as Joy Division and The Stone Roses at a one-day international arts festival in Norwich.
The Cosmopolis festival at the University of East Anglia on Saturday will also see the launch of Think Something Different - a scheme to raise money for a student scholarship fund at the university.
With Norwich hoping to land the 2013 City of Culture title, the initiative aims to support the development of a new generation of artists, critics and scholars.
The Cosmopolis event will run from 10am to 8pm and will feature live music, a photographic exhibition and talks with influential figures.
You may also want to watch:
The public relations 'guru' Alan Edwards will discuss his experience of the music industry, joined by Austin Wilde, the creative director of EMI Publishing.
Also taking part will be photographer Kevin Cummins, renowned music writer Paul Morley and curator Hans Ulrich Obrist.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 9 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
All events on June 5 are open to the public and tickets are available from www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk or by calling 01603 508050.
All funds raised will go directly into the Think Something Different Scholarship Fund, with a full programme at www.thinksomethingdifferent.co.uk
• Make sure you get the Evening News on Fridays for our Going Out section - your guide to what's on in and around Norwich. You can also visit the Going Out section of our website on www.eveningnews24.co.uk