New fringe festival launching in Norwich this month
- Credit: Archant
You’re in for an unforgettable day of entertainment at Interlude Fringe in Norwich, which has just been announced and features live theatre, comedy and music.
The event is a collaboration between Norwich Theatre and Norwich Fringe and will take place on Sunday, September 13 from 10am to 6pm in Chapelfield Gardens.
It gives local artists the opportunity to come together for a day of performances and it is part of Interlude, a six-week programme of live shows in a big top tent presented by Norwich Theatre and Lost in Translation Circus.
Norwich Fringe Festival has been on a break for the last four years, but is now back with a new team behind it for this unique outdoor event, which aims to reconnect the community together.
Interlude Fringe will showcase theatre performances from Amplify Theatre Company, Cruyff Turn Theatre Company and REDuck ProDUCKtions and drag queen Titania Trust is also part of the programme.
Comedy will be presented by Pretty Funny led by Jenny Beake, along with a series of performance poets including Lewis Buxton, Poppy Stevens and James McDermott.
A second stage will be added to the Interlude arena to give a platform to a number of local musicians, with the line-up so far including Salman Toheed and Emily Parish.
Thanks to generous donations made as part of Norwich Theatre’s Crisis Appeal, all ticket sales will go directly to the artists performing and will fund the Acoustic Stage.
- 1 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 2 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 3 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 5 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 6 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 7 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 8 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 9 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 10 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
Stephen Crocker, chief executive of Norwich Theatre, said: “I am so excited that, in addition to the other wonderful local artists and companies who have featured throughout Interlude, we are able to work in collaboration with Norwich Fringe, supporting their work to promote local creatives and bringing together this really special programme showcasing a further selection of our homegrown talent.”
All performances and activities will be conducted in strict adherence with social distancing rules and the latest government guidance, with the big top tent reducing its capacity by approximately two-thirds and audiences seated in ‘bubbles’.
To book tickets to Interlude Fringe visit norwichtheatre.org or call 01603 630000.