Inspirational Taverham woman takes to the catwalk for Breast Cancer Care.
A young woman who has courageously battled cancer for the past four years has taken to the catwalk to help raise �500,000 for Breast Cancer Care.
Alex Symington, 28, was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was just 24 and then discovered she had secondary tumours on her lungs and sternum.
She took to the stage with 23 other models at the Grosvenor House Hotel in Park Lane on Wednesday, October 5, for the 15th Breast Cancer Care show.
Mrs Symington, who lives in Taverham, wore designs by Vivienne Westwood, Betty Jackson, Roberto Cavalli and Butler and Wilson.
She said: 'It was brilliant, I had an amazing time, I loved every minute of it. I wore a Vivienne Westwood dress which was incredible and a wedding dress which was like a huge meringue, I took out the entire stage with it.
You may also want to watch:
'I was the first one out on the catwalk, I was terrified.'
For the Orient Express scene, Mrs Symington wore an expensive sequined dress by Butler and Wilson.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
She said: 'Mr Wilson gave me the dress. He said that because it fitted me so well, he wanted me to have it. I was so emotional, it was a very emotional day. I'm going to wear the dress next weekend, my friend Rachel Lane is holding a casino night.'
She took part in two shows, one at lunchtime and one in the evening.
For the lunchtime show, Mrs Symington was supported by friends from her Young Women's Support Group. In the evening, her husband, Ben, mother, stepfather and father and his partner and three best friends were among the 900-strong audience.
All the models enjoyed having their make up done by Estee Lauder and their hair by Vidal Sassoon.
Mrs Symington also met famous faces including Arlene Phillips, Lisa Snowdon and the Nolan sisters, who complimeted her on her dress.
After the show, she wore a Roberto Cavalli dress, which was auctioned for �1,000.
Are you doing something extraordinary for a charity close to your heart? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com