Insect and wildlife event to be held in Sprowston
Kate ScotterGardeners interested in attracting insects and wildlife to their gardens are invited to a week dedicated to the topic at a Norfolk garden centre.Kate Scotter
Gardeners interested in attracting insects and wildlife to their gardens are invited to a week dedicated to the topic at a Norfolk garden centre.
Sprowston Garden Centre, in Blue Boar Lane, Sprowston. will host Insect and Wildlife Week from Monday, June 21 until Sunday, June 27.
During the week, garden centre staff hand out complimentary children's activity sheets and offering free advice. There will be a selection of 'bee-friendly' products and plants for visitors to see.
People will also be able to take home a 'How to attract insects into your garden' leaflet, while stocks last.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Blair, manager, said: 'Many insects and wild animals are our gardening friends. For example, ladybirds eat greenfly and other pests and hedgehogs forage at night for slugs and snails.
'During our Insect and Wildlife Week, which ties in with National Insect Week, we will be helping visitors learn how to encourage friendly bugs and beasts into their gardens.'
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools
The centre is also supporting the Bumblebee Conservation Trust during the event.
To find out more, call the centre on 01603 412 239 or visit www.sprowstongardencentre.co.uk.