Insect and wildlife event to be held in Sprowston
Kate ScotterGardeners interested in attracting insects and wildlife to their gardens are invited to a week dedicated to the topic at a Norfolk garden centre.Kate Scotter
Gardeners interested in attracting insects and wildlife to their gardens are invited to a week dedicated to the topic at a Norfolk garden centre.
Sprowston Garden Centre, in Blue Boar Lane, Sprowston. will host Insect and Wildlife Week from Monday, June 21 until Sunday, June 27.
During the week, garden centre staff hand out complimentary children's activity sheets and offering free advice. There will be a selection of 'bee-friendly' products and plants for visitors to see.
People will also be able to take home a 'How to attract insects into your garden' leaflet, while stocks last.
You may also want to watch:
Kate Blair, manager, said: 'Many insects and wild animals are our gardening friends. For example, ladybirds eat greenfly and other pests and hedgehogs forage at night for slugs and snails.
'During our Insect and Wildlife Week, which ties in with National Insect Week, we will be helping visitors learn how to encourage friendly bugs and beasts into their gardens.'
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 4 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 5 Legal charity to move into part of disused city pub
- 6 ‘We miss the hustle and bustle’ - Norwich shoppers long for lockdown end
- 7 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 8 Woman tried to smuggle drugs into jail in trousers
- 9 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 10 Roads to shut as end of £2.5m street revamp work nears
The centre is also supporting the Bumblebee Conservation Trust during the event.
To find out more, call the centre on 01603 412 239 or visit www.sprowstongardencentre.co.uk.