Inquiry into Yarmouth stock car race crash
Anthony CarrollThe organisers of a stock car and supertstox meeting at Great Yarmouth in which a marshal was injured during a two car collision on Sunday have launched an inquiry into incident.Anthony Carroll
The organisers of a stock car and supertstox meeting at Great Yarmouth in which a marshal was injured during a two car collision on Sunday have launched an inquiry into incident.
Spedeworth International, which is based in Aldershot, is looking into the circumstances of the crash on the 327m long track at Yarmouth Stadium on Yarmouth Road.
The marshal was taken to hospital with leg injuries, which are not believed to be serious, after the accident happened at about 11.20am during a race practice session.
The track was closed for an hour while firefighters made the area safe.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday a spokesman for Spedeworth said the company would spend the next few days investigating the accident.
The spokesman also said the company's thoughts went out to the marshal that was injured.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months
- 6 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 9 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 10 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich