Inquiry into Yarmouth stock car race crash
Anthony CarrollThe organisers of a stock car and supertstox meeting at Great Yarmouth in which a marshal was injured during a two car collision on Sunday have launched an inquiry into incident.Anthony Carroll
The organisers of a stock car and supertstox meeting at Great Yarmouth in which a marshal was injured during a two car collision on Sunday have launched an inquiry into incident.
Spedeworth International, which is based in Aldershot, is looking into the circumstances of the crash on the 327m long track at Yarmouth Stadium on Yarmouth Road.
The marshal was taken to hospital with leg injuries, which are not believed to be serious, after the accident happened at about 11.20am during a race practice session.
The track was closed for an hour while firefighters made the area safe.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday a spokesman for Spedeworth said the company would spend the next few days investigating the accident.
The spokesman also said the company's thoughts went out to the marshal that was injured.
- 1 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 2 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 3 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 4 City sees jobs bonanza – so why are job centres overflowing?
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 7 WATCH: Moment schoolgirl drenched by driver - but is it a crime?
- 8 Kiefer Sutherland announces UEA show
- 9 Plan for 1,600 homes would see new school and health centre open
- 10 City handymen on which DIY jobs you really SHOULDN'T try at home