Inquiry into Yarmouth stock car race crash
Anthony CarrollThe organisers of a stock car and supertstox meeting at Great Yarmouth in which a marshal was injured during a two car collision on Sunday have launched an inquiry into incident.Anthony Carroll
The organisers of a stock car and supertstox meeting at Great Yarmouth in which a marshal was injured during a two car collision on Sunday have launched an inquiry into incident.
Spedeworth International, which is based in Aldershot, is looking into the circumstances of the crash on the 327m long track at Yarmouth Stadium on Yarmouth Road.
The marshal was taken to hospital with leg injuries, which are not believed to be serious, after the accident happened at about 11.20am during a race practice session.
The track was closed for an hour while firefighters made the area safe.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday a spokesman for Spedeworth said the company would spend the next few days investigating the accident.
The spokesman also said the company's thoughts went out to the marshal that was injured.
- 1 Aldi approved - but who will build pedestrian crossing?
- 2 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 4 Prison staff should have performed CPR on paedophile teacher, report finds
- 5 Homes in Norwich and Thorpe St Andrew may have no water
- 6 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 7 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
- 8 Sold out start for Norwich's Junkyard Market ahead of expansion across UK
- 9 RAC apologises to woman and autistic son for 'abandoning' them
- 10 Tributes after death of the 100th Lord Mayor of Norwich