Inquiry into Yarmouth stock car race crash
Anthony CarrollThe organisers of a stock car and supertstox meeting at Great Yarmouth in which a marshal was injured during a two car collision on Sunday have launched an inquiry into incident.Anthony Carroll
The organisers of a stock car and supertstox meeting at Great Yarmouth in which a marshal was injured during a two car collision on Sunday have launched an inquiry into incident.
Spedeworth International, which is based in Aldershot, is looking into the circumstances of the crash on the 327m long track at Yarmouth Stadium on Yarmouth Road.
The marshal was taken to hospital with leg injuries, which are not believed to be serious, after the accident happened at about 11.20am during a race practice session.
The track was closed for an hour while firefighters made the area safe.
Yesterday a spokesman for Spedeworth said the company would spend the next few days investigating the accident.
The spokesman also said the company's thoughts went out to the marshal that was injured.
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 3 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 4 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 5 Pirates, dragons and fireworks light up Lord Mayor's celebrations
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 7 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 8 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe
- 9 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 10 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer