Body of Norwich man found in River Yare, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of 58-year-old-man whose body was found in the River Yare.
Carl Gooch’s body was found in the River Yare, near Eaton Vale Activity Centre, on the outskirts of Norwich on January 25.
At an inquest opened into his death, held at Norfolk Coroner’s Court on Thursday, May 14, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk said at the time of his death Mr Gooch has been unemployed.
She said he lived in the Angel Road area of Norwich.
Prior to his death Mr Gooch had been reported missing.
Mr Gooch’s cause of death was given as 1A drowning and 1B depression.
The inquest has been adjourned until August 11, 2020.
- 1 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 2 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 4 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 5 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 6 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 7 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 8 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
• Need to talk? The Samaritans can be contacted 24/7 by calling 116 123.