Body of Norwich man found in River Yare, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of 58-year-old-man whose body was found in the River Yare.
Carl Gooch’s body was found in the River Yare, near Eaton Vale Activity Centre, on the outskirts of Norwich on January 25.
At an inquest opened into his death, held at Norfolk Coroner’s Court on Thursday, May 14, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk said at the time of his death Mr Gooch has been unemployed.
She said he lived in the Angel Road area of Norwich.
Prior to his death Mr Gooch had been reported missing.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gooch’s cause of death was given as 1A drowning and 1B depression.
The inquest has been adjourned until August 11, 2020.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 5 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
• Need to talk? The Samaritans can be contacted 24/7 by calling 116 123.