Inquest opens into death of man found in wooded area on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of a man who was found hanged in a wooded area of Norwich on Boxing Day.
Arnas Lescius, 31, was found in an area behind St Mildreds Road, Earlham, by police.
The factory worker was discovered by officer Gordon Brown about a 20-minute walk from Mr Lescius' home, in Stylman Road in Clover Hill.
The inquest hearing at Norfolk Coroner's Court this morning heard how Mr Lescius had moved to Norwich from Lithuania.
Norfolk Senior Coroner Jacqueline Lake adjourned the inquest until June 19.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone in need of support or who is struggling with suicidal thoughts can contact Samaritans, who operate a 24-hour phone service on 116 123.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 6 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 'They don't add up' - Mixed reaction to city development plans