Woman dies after fall from multi-storey car park
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A woman has died after falling from a multi-storey car park in Norwich city centre.
Emergency services were called to St Andrew’s Car Park at 1.25pm on Tuesday, April 6 following concerns for the safety of a woman.
A police spokesman said a short time later the woman fell from the building and died at the scene.
Police officers could be seen inside a side entrance off St Andrew’s Street to a site at the rear of the council-run car park which first opened in 2005.
Three ambulances and an East Anglian Air Ambulance response vehicle also attended the incident.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
Police said a file will be prepared for the coroner ahead of an inquest which will take place in due course.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 7 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police