Woman dies after fall from multi-storey car park
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A woman has died after falling from a multi-storey car park in Norwich city centre.
Emergency services were called to St Andrew’s Car Park at 1.25pm on Tuesday, April 6 following concerns for the safety of a woman.
A police spokesman said a short time later the woman fell from the building and died at the scene.
Police officers could be seen inside a side entrance off St Andrew’s Street to a site at the rear of the council-run car park which first opened in 2005.
Three ambulances and an East Anglian Air Ambulance response vehicle also attended the incident.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
Police said a file will be prepared for the coroner ahead of an inquest which will take place in due course.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 5 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 6 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 7 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 8 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 9 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 10 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house