In the fast Lanes for fashion
For AW10 fashion that is cutting edge and forward thinking you cannot go anywhere better than Norwich Lanes, says Emma Harrowing.
Clothes from independent boutiques are not as expensive as you might think. In fact the latest fashions from Norwich Lanes are on a par with the mid to high end shops on the high street – but they are more fashion-forward.
A 70s revival is predicted for SS11, but already some Norwich Lanes shops are selling 70s style dresses, flared cords and jeans.
This season's male trend for tweed jackets and tapered braced jeans can also be found in the many shops in the quaint streets of this part of our city.
So too are other top trends. Statement coats, faux fur, shearing and leather shoe boots, check shirts, leather satchels, vintage…you name the trend and you are sure to find it in one of the many fashion boutiques in the historic quarter.
You may also want to watch:
You can also find classic pieces. The trend for understated cool with autumn neutrals and clean cut tailoring, a pair of 'wear with everything' jeans or trousers and organic cotton pieces that are easy to wear and will ease your green conscious.
The independent shops have brought designers to Norwich that you probably won't find on our city's high street. The gorgeous bling from Butler & Wilson, the natty accessories from Tatty Devine (both at Soho Hip), the signature unwashed stretch fit jeans from Cheap Monday, Rolling Stones and Kings of Leon favourites Tuesday Night Band Practice (both from Bespoke Boutique) and urban label Junk de Luxe (available at Elements).
- 1 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 2 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
- 7 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
- 8 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 9 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 10 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
Then there are the vintage and vintage inspired shops. Mix original vintage and new vintage styles with designer pieces to create your own individual look.
To give you a bit of inspiration this week's Life Matters fashion shoot puts together six looks you can get from some of the shops in Norwich Lanes.
See the picture gallery at the top right of the page to see our favourite outfits.