Hollywood star Idris Elba to play DJ set in Norwich
- Credit: BBC 2015
Hollywood star Idris Elba is coming to Norwich for a special event.
The 45-year-old, best known for his roles in Luther, Thor and The Jungle Book, will play a DJ set at Mantra Club and Lounge on Saturday, July 28.
As well as being a talented actor, Elba has also had an illustrious career as a musician and DJ, producing music and releasing his own songs, often operating under the name Big Driis.
A spokesman for Mantra said: 'Idris Elba is far from your average actor turned musician, having begun his career as a DJ long before finding fame on the big screen.
'Whether spinning surprise sets in small east-London bars or thrilling thousands in the world's top clubs, Idris' credibility as a DJ and a selector is without question.'
You may also want to watch:
They added: 'His name speaks for itself and we are truly proud to announce the launch of Idris Elba's DJ set at Mantra. Join us for the biggest night of 2018 in Norwich as doors open at 9pm and hopefully it will be a night none of you will ever forget.'
Tickets for Idris Elba's DJ set cost £20 per person, with a limited number available via skiddle.com/whats-on/Norwich/Mantra-Club-And-Lounge-/Mantra-Presents---Idris-Elba/13213175/
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours