Ice forces queues on the A146 as schools close around Loddon
- Credit: Archant © 2013
Freezing temperatures led to long queues travelling into Norwich on the A146 this morning.
Commuters were lined from Loddon to Yelverton as ice forced drivers to take the road particularly carefully.
There were reports of delays of up to 50 minutes, while drivers heading out of the city had a clear road.
Temperatures were as low as -8C as snow and ice continued to dominate.
Among the schools closed in Norfolk today are Hobart High School, Loddon Infant and Nursery School, Seething and Mundham Primary School, Thurlton Primary School and Thurton Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
Langley School is also closed except for students taking exams.
- 1 Takeaway investigated after boy in hospital with suspected food poisoning
- 2 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 3 Man fined £60 for taking 16 seconds to drop partner at hospital
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 Man arrested in Norwich after appeal launched
- 6 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 7 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 8 A nice place for a nap... Seal spotted dozing under Norwich bridge
- 9 'He lived and breathed Norwich' - Glowing tributes to Dr Ian Gibson
- 10 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention