I resolve to be even smarmier in 2013 after my smug 2012
For the first time ever, I can be somewhat smug about the resolutions I made for 2012.
I actually did start exercising – and stuck to it – and I actually did give up some fairly appalling habits which threatened to either kill me or shred what is left of my mental health into windblown tatters.
I say this because my other resolution for 2012 was to be hideously smug and hateful and where better to do it than in a newspaper where I can be hideously smug and hateful to a crowd of thousands rather than my family and the people I haven't already alienated by my smug hatefulness.
For those of you gearing up to change your lives in 2013, I say only this: I've already done it and I probably did it better than you will and my dad can eat more frogs than yours can, so there.
I hope that helps.
You may also want to watch:
As an aside, I wish you all a very happy new year and thank you for your continued support, which is always appreciated and never taken for granted.
(My resolution for 2013 is to be even smarmier than I was in 2012. And I was very smarmy in 2012, so it's quite a challenge.)
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop