I resolve to be even smarmier in 2013 after my smug 2012
For the first time ever, I can be somewhat smug about the resolutions I made for 2012.
I actually did start exercising – and stuck to it – and I actually did give up some fairly appalling habits which threatened to either kill me or shred what is left of my mental health into windblown tatters.
I say this because my other resolution for 2012 was to be hideously smug and hateful and where better to do it than in a newspaper where I can be hideously smug and hateful to a crowd of thousands rather than my family and the people I haven't already alienated by my smug hatefulness.
For those of you gearing up to change your lives in 2013, I say only this: I've already done it and I probably did it better than you will and my dad can eat more frogs than yours can, so there.
I hope that helps.
You may also want to watch:
As an aside, I wish you all a very happy new year and thank you for your continued support, which is always appreciated and never taken for granted.
(My resolution for 2013 is to be even smarmier than I was in 2012. And I was very smarmy in 2012, so it's quite a challenge.)
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich