I'm a Celebrity star to appear in Norwich
Kim BriscoeI'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here star Christopher Biggins is to return to Norwich with a role in The Rocky Horror Show.Kim Briscoe
I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here star Christopher Biggins is to return to Norwich with a role in The Rocky Horror Show.
Biggins, who won the title of King Of The Jungle in the television show based in the Australian jungle, will be taking over the role of The Narrator in the musical at Norwich Theatre Royal from June 7 to 12, following the death in early April of Christopher Cazenove, who was due to play the part.
The larger-than-life bubbly performer is no stranger to Norwich, having appeared at the theatre many times in a wide range of shows including Charley's Aunt, Summer Holiday and the 1994-95 pantomime Aladdin.
These contribute to a strong stage performing portfolio which includes the London Palladium run of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and a year working with the Royal Shakespeare Company starring opposite the likes of Dame Judi Dench and Donald Sinden.
Biggins also boasts a wide range of television appearances including Porridge, The Likely Lads, Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em, and Bad Girls.
Two other members of the cast also boast strong Norfolk connections. King's Lynn-born Richard Meek, 27, will be playing the part of Brad in the show, and Charlotte Scott, who plays one of the Phantoms and is a former student of the Norwich-based Central School of Dancing and Performing Arts.
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 3 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 4 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 5 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 6 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 7 Inconsiderate dog owners leave wheelchair-bound woman to clean up foul mess
- 8 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 9 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 10 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
John Bultitude, of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: 'We were all very sad when we heard the news about the tragic death of Christopher Cazenove and there is no doubt he would have made a fantastic Narrator.
'It will be a pleasure to welcome Christopher Biggins back to Norwich and his blend of wit and flamboyance is sure to make the show something special.'
Tickets, priced between �6 and �32.50, are available from the box office on 01603 630000 or www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk.