Hundreds of pounds raised at charity ball near Norwich
Two teenagers raised �400 for charity by holding a Valentine's ball in Drayton.
The event was held at Drayton Lodge on Saturday night in aid of the British Heart Foundation by two year 11 students from different schools.
Grace Thomas, 15, from Old Buckenham School at Attleborough and Katherine Loverick, 16, from Hethersett High School, worked together to organise the event. Miss Thomas said: 'We were only expecting to raise about half of what we did so we really pleased.
'We raised �400 exactly and it was a really good night, really successful. We had 74 people come and had a hog roast, DJ and a professional photographer so people could have their photos taken.
'We also had an auction and there was a massive Ugg boot, that was about 20 times bigger than a normal boot, which went for �40.'
You may also want to watch:
Are you holding a big charity event soon? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or on email at email@example.com
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 6 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 7 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 8 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 9 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 10 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out