Hundreds of pounds raised at charity ball near Norwich
Two teenagers raised �400 for charity by holding a Valentine's ball in Drayton.
The event was held at Drayton Lodge on Saturday night in aid of the British Heart Foundation by two year 11 students from different schools.
Grace Thomas, 15, from Old Buckenham School at Attleborough and Katherine Loverick, 16, from Hethersett High School, worked together to organise the event. Miss Thomas said: 'We were only expecting to raise about half of what we did so we really pleased.
'We raised �400 exactly and it was a really good night, really successful. We had 74 people come and had a hog roast, DJ and a professional photographer so people could have their photos taken.
'We also had an auction and there was a massive Ugg boot, that was about 20 times bigger than a normal boot, which went for �40.'
You may also want to watch:
Are you holding a big charity event soon? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or on email at email@example.com
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 4 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 5 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 6 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 7 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Norwich woman's new cookie company has 'gone crazy'
- 10 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole