Hundreds of pounds raised at charity ball near Norwich
Two teenagers raised �400 for charity by holding a Valentine's ball in Drayton.
The event was held at Drayton Lodge on Saturday night in aid of the British Heart Foundation by two year 11 students from different schools.
Grace Thomas, 15, from Old Buckenham School at Attleborough and Katherine Loverick, 16, from Hethersett High School, worked together to organise the event. Miss Thomas said: 'We were only expecting to raise about half of what we did so we really pleased.
'We raised �400 exactly and it was a really good night, really successful. We had 74 people come and had a hog roast, DJ and a professional photographer so people could have their photos taken.
'We also had an auction and there was a massive Ugg boot, that was about 20 times bigger than a normal boot, which went for �40.'
You may also want to watch:
Are you holding a big charity event soon? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or on email at email@example.com
- 1 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 2 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 3 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 4 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 5 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 6 Matt Hancock video-calls Norwich surgery staff to say 'thanks'
- 7 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 8 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 9 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material
- 10 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate