Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of homes across three areas of Norfolk are without power this morning after an overhead line fault.
The problem, which was first reported at 7.11am on Friday, January 15, has left 324 homes and businesses without electricity across seven different postcodes.
Areas affected include Norwich, Wells, Little Massingham, Great Massingham, Litcham, Castle Acre and Necton.
UK Power Networks has apologised for any disruption, it said: "We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
"Engineers in our control room have switched some customers power back on in your area.
You may also want to watch:
"To get everyone’s power back on we may need to attend to investigate and make repairs. We’ll continue to update you until everyone’s power is back on."
Engineers were sent to the site of the problem at 7.22am and arrived just after 8am.
- 1 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 2 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 3 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 4 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 5 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 6 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 7 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 8 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 9 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 10 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
The team expects the power to be returned to customers by 9.30am.
The full list of postcodes affected include; NR2 3, NR21 0, NR22 6, NR23 1, PE30 3, and PE32 2.