Hundreds of homes and businesses in Norwich hit by power cut
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes and businesses across Norwich have been affected by two large power cuts.
459 customers across 18 postcodes and 546 across four postcodes have been affected by an area wide power cut today.
UK Power Networks became aware of the power outage at 9.56am on Monday, December 9 after an underground electricity cable faulted on the high voltage network, causing the area wide power cut.
A total of 24 customers called the electricity provider about the outage.
Engineers were on site carrying out investigations at 11.07am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
"We're sorry this is taking longer than expected, We will stay in touch with our engineers and keep you updated with their progress."
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 9 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
Postcodes affected include, NR10 3, NR10 5, NR11 8, NR12 0, NR12 9, NR16 1, NR28 0, NR28 9, NR28 O, NR9 4, NR20 0 and NR3 3.
Engineers have estimated that power should be restored between 1.30 and 2.30.pm.