Hundreds of homes and businesses in Norwich hit by power cut
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of homes and businesses across Norwich have been affected by two large power cuts.
459 customers across 18 postcodes and 546 across four postcodes have been affected by an area wide power cut today.
UK Power Networks became aware of the power outage at 9.56am on Monday, December 9 after an underground electricity cable faulted on the high voltage network, causing the area wide power cut.
A total of 24 customers called the electricity provider about the outage.
Engineers were on site carrying out investigations at 11.07am.
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
"We're sorry this is taking longer than expected, We will stay in touch with our engineers and keep you updated with their progress."
- 1 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 2 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 3 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 4 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 5 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 6 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 7 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 9 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 10 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
Postcodes affected include, NR10 3, NR10 5, NR11 8, NR12 0, NR12 9, NR16 1, NR28 0, NR28 9, NR28 O, NR9 4, NR20 0 and NR3 3.
Engineers have estimated that power should be restored between 1.30 and 2.30.pm.