Hundreds head to candlelit Carols for Christmas concert in Norwich
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
It was a wonderful night for a wonderful time of the year, with one of Norwich's oldest churches the perfect setting for a celebration of Christmas.
Hundreds of people enjoyed the Carols for Christmas candlelit concert, organised by the Eastern Daily Press and the Norwich Evening News, in St Peter Mancroft Church tonight.
David Powles, editor of the Eastern Daily Press and the Norwich Evening News, said: 'It was a perfect celebration in the run-up to Christmas and it meant so much to the people who attended.
'My thanks to the East of England Co-op who helped us out with 500 boxes of mince pies, to police and crime commissioner Lorne Green and to Leeway for the readings which they gave.'
And the event helped to raise money for domestic abuse charity Leeway, in memory of Norwich mum Kerri McAuley, who died at the hands of her abusive partner almost a year ago.
You may also want to watch:
Kerri, 32, suffered 19 separate injuries to her head and face following a 'sustained and brutal' attack by serial abuser Joe Storey who then left her to die alone in her Norwich home in January this year.
Kerri's family - including mother Lesley - have given their support to the campaign and said the mother of two would have been proud of it.
To donate visit the Kerri's Campaign JustGiving page or alternatively send cheques, made payable to Archant Community Media Ltd, to Sandra Mackay at Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE.
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 4 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 5 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 'No amount of money will be enough': Explosion widow on £1m chemical fine
- 9 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 10 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea