Hundreds evacuated from Jarrold's in Norwich
Peter WalshAbout 500 people were evacuated from a historic city store at lunch time yesterday after a fire alarm sounded, prompting several fire crews to be sent to the scene.Peter Walsh
About 500 people were evacuated from a historic city store at lunch time yesterday after a fire alarm sounded, prompting several fire crews to be sent to the scene.
Shoppers at the Jarrold store in London Street were evacuated from the department store after the alarms sounded at about 12.44pm yesterday.
A fire crew from Sprowston, two from North Earlham, and a further appliance from Norwich was called, but it was a false alarm as the alarm turned out to have been caused by cooking fumes.
The police were also informed, although did not attend.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 5 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 9 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk