Hundreds evacuated from Jarrold's in Norwich
Peter WalshAbout 500 people were evacuated from a historic city store at lunch time yesterday after a fire alarm sounded, prompting several fire crews to be sent to the scene.Peter Walsh
About 500 people were evacuated from a historic city store at lunch time yesterday after a fire alarm sounded, prompting several fire crews to be sent to the scene.
Shoppers at the Jarrold store in London Street were evacuated from the department store after the alarms sounded at about 12.44pm yesterday.
A fire crew from Sprowston, two from North Earlham, and a further appliance from Norwich was called, but it was a false alarm as the alarm turned out to have been caused by cooking fumes.
The police were also informed, although did not attend.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 4 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 8 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 10 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich