Hundreds evacuated from Jarrold's in Norwich
Peter WalshAbout 500 people were evacuated from a historic city store at lunch time yesterday after a fire alarm sounded, prompting several fire crews to be sent to the scene.Peter Walsh
About 500 people were evacuated from a historic city store at lunch time yesterday after a fire alarm sounded, prompting several fire crews to be sent to the scene.
Shoppers at the Jarrold store in London Street were evacuated from the department store after the alarms sounded at about 12.44pm yesterday.
A fire crew from Sprowston, two from North Earlham, and a further appliance from Norwich was called, but it was a false alarm as the alarm turned out to have been caused by cooking fumes.
The police were also informed, although did not attend.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 2 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 3 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 4 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 5 'Freedom Day' Hindu wedding in Norwich watched by 5m plus people
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 8 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 9 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping