How you can wear your white shirt five different ways
Take one white shirt and get five different looks. EMMA HARROWING shows you how to make the most of items in your wardrobe.
It's a celebrity craze that has thrifty fashionistas in Norwich digging out long forgotten items and wearing them again in different ways.
A few weeks ago I demonstrated how you can take your shift dress you wear for work or have worn once for a wedding and wear it over and over again for different occasions and in a variety of ways. Judging by the number of emails and letters you seem to love finding out how your can reinvent items in your wardrobe, so each month I'll be showing you how you can wear classic items and new trends in different ways so that you can get more out of your clothes. Giving clothes a makeover is a growing craze among celebrities and even the Duchess of Cambridge has worn the same dress or top a few times.
You may not have noticed it as Kate is good at styling her look in a slightly different way – with a different jacket, more accessories or with different shoes.
The key to this way of dressing is to experiment with different looks. Try wearing a dress over jeans or leggings, with a belt, with a statement necklace or layered with a jumper or with a long sleeved jersey top underneath.
You may also want to watch:
You will soon get in the habit of making sure that any new clothes you buy can be worn with at least three other items in your wardrobe and then you will have a wardrobe full of different outfits rather than just clothes.
This month why not dig out your classic white shirt and create five different looks? Click on the photo gallery at the top right of this page for some ideas.
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 3 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 4 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 5 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 6 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 9 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat