How you can look good at Latitude this year
It's festival time, so layer up and be ready to get into the groove this summer, says Emma Harrowing.
Fingers crossed that it is a fine and dry weekend for Latitude in a fortnight's time. Last year I remember trying to get muddy wellies and a wet parka off without getting too wet before I crawled into my three man pop-up tent and vowed that next time I would do posh camping and hire a camper van, or better still check into a hotel down the road in Southwold.
The unpredictable British weather has become a bit predictable of late – rain clouds are forming as I write this – but with all this rain perhaps we are due for a little bit of sun when we trek down the A146 towards Henham.
Saying that, festival fashion loves the mud and grimy weather.
Waterproof macs and wellies never looked as stylish as they do on a wet field in the middle of July. However, if the sun does making an appearance, make sure that what you are wearing underneath will make you a headline act.
This year it is all about the shortest denim shorts for women. Wear with a logo T-shirt, vest or a festival must-have tunic, which can be worn on its own or over jeans or shorts to give you a versatile look, and throw on a pair of aviators or wayfarers and a straw trilby.
If you are conscious of your legs, wear the look with a pair of jeans or find a floral, tribal, or animal print maxi dress and layer with a denim jacket if it's chilly.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 3 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 6 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 7 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 8 Is this fish and chip-themed afternoon tea the perfect Jubilee treat?
- 9 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 10 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
For men, wearing a short or long sleeved shirt with shorts, chinos or jeans is the festival look this year – take a look at the Life Matters fashion section on here for more tips on how to wear this look. Wear with the obligatory trilby.
Finally, whether you are a man or a woman, make sure you take a pair of wellies, a waterproof coat and a summer scarf with you in case the temperature drops or the rain clouds do a set over the weekend.
Check out some of our top picks for festival fashion this year by clicking on the photo gallery at the top right of this page.