How you can get this season’s smart/casual look
Getting suited and booted is not just for formal occasions as men's fashion in Norwich gets smart for summer, says Emma Harrowing.
When Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Alex Turner of Artic Monkeys smartened up their acts by wearing a tailored shirt while on stage at the Coachella festival in America, men's fashion took on serious style with attitude.
Once seen as attire for weddings and work, shirts worn with smart jeans or tailored trousers with the option of a blazer is also the look for wading through mud at this year's music festivals and dressing-down at weekends.
The easiest way to wear this trend is to take a leaf from Noel and Alex's book and team a starched white or checked shirt with jeans and layer with a tailored blazer or a leather jacket if it gets chilly.
For summer's take on the preppy look, wear a blazer over a shirt and tie with this season's chinos or get sporty with a polo shirt worn with white trousers.
You may also want to watch:
Vintage-lovers will probably like summer's slim suit jacket worn over a white or floral print shirt and trousers.
Key to this look is the tailored shirt – think crisp white, checked, striped or gingham. This should be worn done up to the neck or with two buttons undone.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 5 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 6 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
It's time to dig out your work shirts and wear them at the weekend and for the Latitude festival next month if you want to look rock-star cool.