How you can get the looks from the Norwich University of the Arts’ fashion show
Norwich fashion degree and MA students brought the latest looks to the catwalk recently. Emma Harrowing shows you how to get the look of some of the trends on show.
Pastel coloured chiffon dresses, a pop of colour and experimental looks that were upside down and inside out provided a fashion feast for the eyes at the Norwich University College of the Arts (NUCA) fashion degree and MA end-of-year show a couple of weeks ago.
And the fashion glitterati agree that many of the designs on the catwalk were pieces that we would wear right now.
Of course many of the students would relish the opportunity to design an outfit for a 'real' person and see their design being worn out on the streets of Norwich and beyond and there is really no reason why they shouldn't – time, materials and funding permitting.
However, for now perhaps we should take a moment to reflect on some of the designs that have been made here in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
On the international catwalks of Paris, London, Milan and New York, designers' collections are scrutinised and trends picked up which are fed down to the high street where we can buy into the fashions envisaged by the artists.
So on to the looks that were on the NUCA catwalk. Pastels, chiffon mixed with leather, exaggerated shoulders, jackets, elegant dresses and clashing colours all featured heavily.
- 1 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 6 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
Pictured here are three of the main trends made in Norwich and how you can get the look now.