How you can brighten up your bathroom this winter
As the nights draw in add a little bit of brightness to your day with a colourful bathroom, says Emma Harrowing.
Last year's white-walled decors teamed with colour blocking bright accessories have been revamped and revived for autumn and winter.
Now it is all about taking one main primary colour such as red and using it in different patterns – think florals and stripes – to create a homely room.
One room in the house that would sit nicely with this interior trend is the bathroom.
Come winter the bath is to many a sanctuary away from the harsh, cold weather outside, so why not make this room a sanctum of colour to add a touch of brightness to your dreary days?
Next Home has featured this look in its autumn and winter portfolio.
Red roses are teamed with bright bold colourful stripes, with splashes of colour on bathroom accessories.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 7 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
You can get this look for your bathroom by choosing a bright colour and bringing it into your room on towels, soap dishes, the waste bin... then mix this colour with other colours in a striped bath mat or shower curtain and a floral towel or face cloth.
You will create a clashing print look that looks put together thanks to your chosen colour running through the room.
See our pick of some of the best brightly coloured bathroom accessories in our photo gallery by clicking the link at the top right of this page.