How you can brighten up your bathroom this winter
As the nights draw in add a little bit of brightness to your day with a colourful bathroom, says Emma Harrowing.
Last year's white-walled decors teamed with colour blocking bright accessories have been revamped and revived for autumn and winter.
Now it is all about taking one main primary colour such as red and using it in different patterns – think florals and stripes – to create a homely room.
One room in the house that would sit nicely with this interior trend is the bathroom.
Come winter the bath is to many a sanctuary away from the harsh, cold weather outside, so why not make this room a sanctum of colour to add a touch of brightness to your dreary days?
You may also want to watch:
Next Home has featured this look in its autumn and winter portfolio.
Red roses are teamed with bright bold colourful stripes, with splashes of colour on bathroom accessories.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
You can get this look for your bathroom by choosing a bright colour and bringing it into your room on towels, soap dishes, the waste bin... then mix this colour with other colours in a striped bath mat or shower curtain and a floral towel or face cloth.
You will create a clashing print look that looks put together thanks to your chosen colour running through the room.
See our pick of some of the best brightly coloured bathroom accessories in our photo gallery by clicking the link at the top right of this page.