How you can brighten up your bathroom this winter
As the nights draw in add a little bit of brightness to your day with a colourful bathroom, says Emma Harrowing.
Last year's white-walled decors teamed with colour blocking bright accessories have been revamped and revived for autumn and winter.
Now it is all about taking one main primary colour such as red and using it in different patterns – think florals and stripes – to create a homely room.
One room in the house that would sit nicely with this interior trend is the bathroom.
Come winter the bath is to many a sanctuary away from the harsh, cold weather outside, so why not make this room a sanctum of colour to add a touch of brightness to your dreary days?
You may also want to watch:
Next Home has featured this look in its autumn and winter portfolio.
Red roses are teamed with bright bold colourful stripes, with splashes of colour on bathroom accessories.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 7 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 8 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
You can get this look for your bathroom by choosing a bright colour and bringing it into your room on towels, soap dishes, the waste bin... then mix this colour with other colours in a striped bath mat or shower curtain and a floral towel or face cloth.
You will create a clashing print look that looks put together thanks to your chosen colour running through the room.
See our pick of some of the best brightly coloured bathroom accessories in our photo gallery by clicking the link at the top right of this page.