How you can be all white with the new minimalist interior look
Give a fresh look to your home with the new minimalist trend, says Emma Harrowing.
This season's love of colour might have you reaching for the pot of white paint when it comes to giving your home a revamp – and you could be right on trend if you do.
Summer's colour clashing has made way for Wimbledon whites as the minimalist look gets another outing.
Along with clean lines and white gloss, the new look mixes accents of grey and light wood to create an airy and homely feel.
The kitchen is the ideal place for this look. White cupboard doors, a beech or maple worktop and accents of grey with silver or matt appliances and accessories bring a clean modern look to your cooking space.
You may also want to watch:
If you cannot afford to change your kitchen units how about just changing your doors? Companies such as Dream Doors in Cringleford offer a complete service to give your kitchen a revamp.
Alternatively paint the walls white and buy a few grey and white coloured kitchen accessories from appliances to crockery to give your kitchen a mini makeover.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 4 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 7 IKEA: What went wrong?
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
Check out our ideas on how you can get the new minimalist look in your home by clicking on the photo gallery at the top right of this page.