How you can be all white with the new minimalist interior look
Give a fresh look to your home with the new minimalist trend, says Emma Harrowing.
This season's love of colour might have you reaching for the pot of white paint when it comes to giving your home a revamp – and you could be right on trend if you do.
Summer's colour clashing has made way for Wimbledon whites as the minimalist look gets another outing.
Along with clean lines and white gloss, the new look mixes accents of grey and light wood to create an airy and homely feel.
The kitchen is the ideal place for this look. White cupboard doors, a beech or maple worktop and accents of grey with silver or matt appliances and accessories bring a clean modern look to your cooking space.
You may also want to watch:
If you cannot afford to change your kitchen units how about just changing your doors? Companies such as Dream Doors in Cringleford offer a complete service to give your kitchen a revamp.
Alternatively paint the walls white and buy a few grey and white coloured kitchen accessories from appliances to crockery to give your kitchen a mini makeover.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 8 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 9 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 10 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
Check out our ideas on how you can get the new minimalist look in your home by clicking on the photo gallery at the top right of this page.