How to make the most of the sales
The winter sales are in full swing in the city but how can you avoid buying items that you won't wear next year? Emma Harrowing peruses the sale rails to give you her guide to the best buys.
Last year I ventured into the sales full of anticipation that I would come back with a bag full of bargains that I would wear all year.
The reality was that I returned with a few pieces that were bought on a whim. Needless to say I wore them a few times before they were put into a bin bag and given to charity.
It's a scenario that is probably familiar to you. Faced with endless rails of clothes, some of which are on the floor, and a barrage of sale shoppers' elbows, finding those bargain buys ccan be exhausting. So to help you be a savvy shopper this year I have put together a guide full of items that you should look for in the winter sales.
These items are tipped to be on-trend next year and some are fashion classics.
You may also want to watch:
Therefore you will be buying items that you will wear throughout 2011 and beyond.
Now that's a real bargain!
- 1 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 5 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 8 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 9 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 10 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
See the Life Matters guide to the sales by clicking on the photo gallery in the top right hand side of the page.