How to make the most of the sales
The winter sales are in full swing in the city but how can you avoid buying items that you won't wear next year? Emma Harrowing peruses the sale rails to give you her guide to the best buys.
Last year I ventured into the sales full of anticipation that I would come back with a bag full of bargains that I would wear all year.
The reality was that I returned with a few pieces that were bought on a whim. Needless to say I wore them a few times before they were put into a bin bag and given to charity.
It's a scenario that is probably familiar to you. Faced with endless rails of clothes, some of which are on the floor, and a barrage of sale shoppers' elbows, finding those bargain buys ccan be exhausting. So to help you be a savvy shopper this year I have put together a guide full of items that you should look for in the winter sales.
These items are tipped to be on-trend next year and some are fashion classics.
You may also want to watch:
Therefore you will be buying items that you will wear throughout 2011 and beyond.
Now that's a real bargain!
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 10 Two men charged with aggravated burglary at used car lot
See the Life Matters guide to the sales by clicking on the photo gallery in the top right hand side of the page.