Norwich Evening News has stood by your side during covid pandemic
- Credit: Archant Library
For decades the Norwich Evening News has been an integral part of life in this fine city.
It has championed endless causes on behalf of its readers, helped them to fight their battles, celebrated their achievements, held the powers that be to account and hopefully done so much to make a positive contribution to society.
And at no time has this been more vital than during the 12 months since the pandemic hit and so began the toughest year many of us will ever face.
And starting today, as we take another tentative step towards normal life hopefully returning, we are putting the spotlight on some of the work this newspaper has done in the last 12 months.
As lockdown hit, offices closed and we were sent back to our homes, our dedicated team worked tirelessly to ensure that no single edition of the newspaper was missed.
But we quickly vowed to do more than just put the newspaper out and over the months that followed have been at the forefront of helping thousands in the region to be supported through this terrible time.
This has included campaigns to help people stay connected and in touch with others, fund-raising to support the vulnerable, providing laptops for children in need and so much more.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 3 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 4 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
Editorially, our commitment has been to try to provide an unrivalled depth of content and analysis on the pandemic to help ensure you can be as informed as possible.
At the same time, through our pages and pages of other content, we've also tried to be a place you can also come to switch off and unwind when need be.
Of course we may not get absolutely everything right, you may not agree with everything we do, but all that we do does stem from a desire to help this region and help its communities.
Your support through these testing times has been exemplary and I'm proud that so many people see the vital role we play and come to us daily to find out what is happening, where and to whom in Norfolk and beyond.
Today, we share some of our most impactful front pages of the last 12 months. A year in which hopefully we have, as it says on the front of the newspaper, truly been #ThereWithYou.
Our role to stand by your side will last long after covid is but a distant memory. We thank you for your support - and ask that long may it continue.