How Denzal found love through dog dating website
Kate ScotterLaura Harrison thought she was done with the dog-eat-dog world of dating when she married her mechanic husband Jeremy, until she realised that Jeremy's dog Denzal was still single.Kate Scotter
Laura Harrison thought she was done with the dog-eat-dog world of dating when she married her mechanic husband Jeremy, until she realised that Jeremy's dog Denzal was still single.
But finding a mate for Staffordshire Bull Terrier Denzal was no walk in the park.
'If you are single and human there are loads of places you can go online to make friends like Facebook or Twitter or online dating services,' said Laura from Itteringham, near Aylsham. 'But there is nowhere to go if you are a dog. I just wanted some kind of social networking site for Denzal.'
So Laura set up Doggie Dating in a bid to find a mate for the family's Staffordshire bull terrier Denzal.
You may also want to watch:
The site, which was the first of its kind at its launch, gives dog owners the chance to meet others with four-legged friends so they can share hints and tips about looking after their pets, meet up for walks and do some match-making.
Denzal met his companion Daisy through the website,
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 6 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 9 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
- 10 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
Mrs Harrison, 30, who is married to mechanic Jeremy and has a seven-month old daughter Lola, said: 'We wanted to find friends for our little Denzal and he went on lots of different dates. We realised he needed friendship.
'We got Daisy through the Doggie Dating website. She licks his ears and she really looks after him - they adore each other.'
Mrs Harrison, who works for the family run JB Postle electrical retailer, said she cannot tell how many dogs have found love through the website but now, after starting her own family, plans to dedicate more time to the project.
She added: 'The website is for dogs and their owners - it's about social networking and giving people the chance to meet up with other dog owners for walks and meeting playmates and companions for their dogs.
'It's a fun, social, interactive site for owners and their dogs to make those initial links and meet people.'
The website is free and is due to be featured on Sky One's Liza and Huey's Pet Nation this month.
t To find out more, go to www.doggie-dating.co.uk
t Are you a human looking for friendship or romance? Visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk
t Have you got an animal story for the Evening News? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org