Sorted! Man can ditch bucket after leaking ceiling fixed
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A man who was fed up with clambering over a bucket every time he wanted to cross his kitchen has seen the problem finally fixed.
Raymond Stoker has lived in his Horns Lane flat for 27 years but had been plagued by the leak for three months.
The city pensioner was worried that he was going to trip over the bucket which he had to put down to catch the drips.
He turned to the Evening News' 'We'll Sort It' campaign for help - which seeks to fix problems for folk across the city.
And just a day after the story went out the issue was fixed.
The 68-year-old said: “Once we were sure everything was dry my mate from a few doors down came over and painted the ceiling for me.
“Touch wood it all seems find now.”
Raymond said the leak was caused by a pipe above the ceiling that had not been tightened.
He said: “The plumber knew this was the problem straight away.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 3 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 4 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 5 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 6 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 7 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 8 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
- 9 Man left with facial injuries after assault in city
- 10 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
“It took him longer to explain it than it did to do the job.”