Is your boiler a Christmas spoiler? The early signs your boiler is breaking
- Credit: PA
Don't let your boiler spoil your fun this Christmas season.
Norwich heating experts have shared their tips on how to tell when your boiler is on the blink amid rising demand for their services.
John Perez from Majestic Boiler Repairs Service said: "One sign of your boiler breaking that you can check yourself is low water pressure.
"But the tell-tale sign that you can easily notice is your boiler making noises you've never heard from it before."
Sounds to keep an ear out for include banging, whistling, popping and gurgling noises.
Daniel Johnson from DMJ Heating Services added: "There are and there aren't warning signs. Boilers can become noisy.
"Best practice would be to have an annual service so you can spot signs earlier. Get an expert to have a look inside and maintain it.
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 3 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
- 4 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 5 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 6 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 7 Bottomless brunch with 90s act, fried chicken and cocktails heading to city
- 8 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 9 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 10 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
"And when your boiler breaks beyond repair, replace it with the most efficient boiler you can."
Ollie Thurston from Norwich Heating Engineer added: "You're best to have them serviced in the summer, it can give you an idea of general health before the winter.
"But services aren't a guarantee, you could have a service one week and your boiler break the next."