Horsford and Swanton Abbott friends take on four marathons for charity
Two friends will be joining together to take on a marathon challenge next month. But while running one marathon is enough for many, they will be running four in four days.
Ben Letzer, 33, from Swanton Abbott, and Alan Bushell, 40, from Horsford, have been inspired to take part in the Great Barrow Challenge as they look to raise money for charity Children With Cancer UK.
Their reason is because mutual friend, Lynsay Shreeve, of Corpusty, near Aylsham, has a five-year-old son Ryan who is being treated for leukaemia at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
Mr Letzer said she was delighted that they were doing the run for the charity.
The 106-mile test of endurance will see the pair, who are both members of Coltishall Jaguars running club, cross Suffolk countryside. Each day they will begin at Barrow, near Bury St Edmunds, before travelling through forest, parkland, country lanes and a number of villages.
At the same time, other people will be walking, running or cycling a variety of distances from six to 125 miles a day.
Mr Letzer said: 'I have done a few marathons and we are both keen runners, but this will definitely be our toughest challenge yet.'
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 5 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 6 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 7 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 8 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
He said that the furthest he had run in training was 20 miles twice in two days, which he said was tough.
He added: 'It would probably not be good to go any further as it would risk injury and be detrimental.'
The Great Barrow Challenge takes place from September 21-24.
To sponsor the pair, visit www.justgiving.com/alanandben
Are you going the extra mile for charity? Call 01603 772423 or email email@example.com