Chapelfield customers encouraged to hop while they shop with spacehoppers
- Credit: © Mikael Buck / intu
A Norwich shopping centre is hoping to make customers smile by offering them the chance to hop while they shop.
intu Chapelfield have rolled out spacehoppers for shoppers that let kids and adults alike hop while they shop as part of a pledge to make customers smile.
The Happy S-hopping initiative is part of intu's new family club, which aims to give parents and children time to play together in its centres.
The idea follows research that found play makes people happier, but less than half of parents find the time to regularly play with their kids.
Findings also revealed that Britain is a nation of big kids, with 63pc of adults saying they still get the same thrill playing childhood games as they did when they were younger.
You may also want to watch:
Sheridan Smith, Marketing Manager at intu Chapelfield, said: 'There is still a big kid in all of us and our new family club is designed to give parents time to play with their children when they're on a family day out.
'We work really hard to create experiences that will put a smile on the faces of our shoppers, and by giving families a chance to shop, hop and play, we hope we will make the experience a happier, more memorable one.'
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 4 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 5 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 6 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Taxi companies hit by driver shortages as demand increases
- 9 Shop in Norwich city centre up for rent for £80,000 a year
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
Shoppers can hop until they drop from 10am to 4pm each day this week until Friday, June 1.