Chapelfield customers encouraged to hop while they shop with spacehoppers
- Credit: © Mikael Buck / intu
A Norwich shopping centre is hoping to make customers smile by offering them the chance to hop while they shop.
intu Chapelfield have rolled out spacehoppers for shoppers that let kids and adults alike hop while they shop as part of a pledge to make customers smile.
The Happy S-hopping initiative is part of intu's new family club, which aims to give parents and children time to play together in its centres.
The idea follows research that found play makes people happier, but less than half of parents find the time to regularly play with their kids.
Findings also revealed that Britain is a nation of big kids, with 63pc of adults saying they still get the same thrill playing childhood games as they did when they were younger.
You may also want to watch:
Sheridan Smith, Marketing Manager at intu Chapelfield, said: 'There is still a big kid in all of us and our new family club is designed to give parents time to play with their children when they're on a family day out.
'We work really hard to create experiences that will put a smile on the faces of our shoppers, and by giving families a chance to shop, hop and play, we hope we will make the experience a happier, more memorable one.'
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 3 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 4 Prince of Wales Road will bounce back, nightlife stalwarts predict
- 5 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 6 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 7 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 8 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 9 Are you lost? Seal splashes its way to Norwich
- 10 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
Shoppers can hop until they drop from 10am to 4pm each day this week until Friday, June 1.