Honing Church’s special pet service
- Credit: Archant
Dogs, cats, hens and a parrot gathered together alongside their human companions in a pet service at Honing Church near North Walsham.
The service included hymns and prayers with a blessing for each of the pets and their owners.
The Rev Barry Furness, who took the service, also runs the pet services in his other parishes of Crostwight, Dilham and Smallburgh.
He said: 'There are a number of people who are on their own and have a pet, which is their life. We should celebrate that. The service was wonderful and the animals were very well behaved. They had great fun afterwards meeting each other.
'Animals give a love that requires no demands. However badly we behave, the pets show that affection and humans can learn from that. They forgive so quickly and are a calming influence.'
You may also want to watch:
The pet service has grown from when Rev Furness allowed a couple who had a rescue dog to bring it into worship three years ago as it could not be left alone.
- 1 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 4 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping