Honing Church’s special pet service
- Credit: Archant
Dogs, cats, hens and a parrot gathered together alongside their human companions in a pet service at Honing Church near North Walsham.
The service included hymns and prayers with a blessing for each of the pets and their owners.
The Rev Barry Furness, who took the service, also runs the pet services in his other parishes of Crostwight, Dilham and Smallburgh.
He said: 'There are a number of people who are on their own and have a pet, which is their life. We should celebrate that. The service was wonderful and the animals were very well behaved. They had great fun afterwards meeting each other.
'Animals give a love that requires no demands. However badly we behave, the pets show that affection and humans can learn from that. They forgive so quickly and are a calming influence.'
You may also want to watch:
The pet service has grown from when Rev Furness allowed a couple who had a rescue dog to bring it into worship three years ago as it could not be left alone.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale