Hollywood star Kiefer Sutherland bringing his band to Norwich
- Credit: PA
The star of hit TV series 24 and numerous Hollywood blockbusters will be performing in his other guise of a country music singer-songwriter when he appears at the UEA LCR in June.
He may be best known for TV shows such as 24 and Designated Survivor, and films as diverse as Flatliners, Melancholia and Zoolander 2, but Kiefer Sutherland is heading to Norwich in a very different guise.
The 51-year-old actor has recently successfully refashion himself as a bona fide country music troubadour and he will be performing with his band at the UEA LCR on June 22. The gig was initially at the Waterfront but has been moved to the larger venue due to strong ticket sales.
His debut album, Down in a Hole, produced by his longtime friend Jude Cole from the label Ironworks which Sutherland co-owns, was released in 2016 to some acclaim.
He is not the first film star to try their hand at music. Russell Crowe, Keanu Reeves, Kevin Bacon, Bruce Willis and Johnny Depp have all had a bash to varying degrees of success. But Sutherland sees to won over the critics with the Gaurdaina saying: 'The action star's whiskey-sodden country music set is genuinely poignant. He puts other Hollywood hobby acts to shame.'
You may also want to watch:
His career as a touring and recording artist has seen him perform globally as a bonafide guitarist and vocalist, including a sold out UK tour. He played more than 120 shows, including performances on the Grand Ole Opry, Stagecoach and Glastonbury Festival.
He is coming to Norwich as part of a new UK tour of just five dates, starting in London and also taking in Oxford, Bath and Manchester.
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 National tool firm opens third Norwich store
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night