Hollywood star Kiefer Sutherland bringing his band to Norwich
- Credit: PA
The star of hit TV series 24 and numerous Hollywood blockbusters will be performing in his other guise of a country music singer-songwriter when he appears at the UEA LCR in June.
He may be best known for TV shows such as 24 and Designated Survivor, and films as diverse as Flatliners, Melancholia and Zoolander 2, but Kiefer Sutherland is heading to Norwich in a very different guise.
The 51-year-old actor has recently successfully refashion himself as a bona fide country music troubadour and he will be performing with his band at the UEA LCR on June 22. The gig was initially at the Waterfront but has been moved to the larger venue due to strong ticket sales.
His debut album, Down in a Hole, produced by his longtime friend Jude Cole from the label Ironworks which Sutherland co-owns, was released in 2016 to some acclaim.
He is not the first film star to try their hand at music. Russell Crowe, Keanu Reeves, Kevin Bacon, Bruce Willis and Johnny Depp have all had a bash to varying degrees of success. But Sutherland sees to won over the critics with the Gaurdaina saying: 'The action star's whiskey-sodden country music set is genuinely poignant. He puts other Hollywood hobby acts to shame.'
His career as a touring and recording artist has seen him perform globally as a bonafide guitarist and vocalist, including a sold out UK tour. He played more than 120 shows, including performances on the Grand Ole Opry, Stagecoach and Glastonbury Festival.
He is coming to Norwich as part of a new UK tour of just five dates, starting in London and also taking in Oxford, Bath and Manchester.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 7 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 8 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 9 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 10 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays